Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Oh You Like That? Then Let Me Get Rid of It.

Why is it that whenever I find something I really like, it becomes hard to find or gets discontinued?  This happens all the time with foods, shampoos, jeans.  A few recent examples:

I just found out a few weeks ago that the only deodorant I am not allergic to has been discontinued.  I wrote to the manufacturer to see if they had any old stock and of course they don't.  So now I get to try 42 different kinds to see if I can find one that I'm not allergic to. 

Then yesterday I went to get a new bra and found out that they have discontinued it!  I managed to find one in black and one in pink but after checking online and at 2 different locations I can't find any white or beige.  I have worn this kind for 4 years now and I really like them.  So the quest begins to find a new one that I like.  Again, wasting money on a bunch that I won't like along the way.

So I go to Costco to get my granola bars, which have become a staple of my diet and they are nowhere to be found.  I don't know if they have been discontinued or if Costco just decided not to carry them but they have vanished.

I am beginning to think that the government is spying on me and making companies discontinue every product I ever decide that I like.

No comments: