Monday, December 11, 2006

I'm Not MIA

Unless MIA stand for Moving an Insane Amount of stuff - it doesn't?  Ok, then I'm not MIA.

I don't think I've told you the story of my parents' business getting kicked out of their building and I don't really have time to tell you the whole, very long story right now, but what it boils down to is the landlord (who also happens to be the former owner of the shop my parents now own) is a son of a bitch and a criminal and he filed bankruptcy and the building was repo'd.

To make a long story short, my dad got 3 days notice to get out which, after a few convo's with the attorneys, turned in to 10 days which turned in to 30 days.  Our time is up on the 15th and we finally have a new place and are moving.  So we all are pitching in to get it done so we don't have to hire really expensive movers for anything but the heavy equipment.

Packing a place that has been there over 20 years and is full of crap is soooooo much fun.  I'll check in when I can and return some of those comments soon.
 
Hope your holiday season is going well. 

No comments: