Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The DVR That Ate Doctor Who

On New Year's Eve, I made my cheese dip, popped open some Raspberry Ginger Ale (yes I'm a party animal) and plopped down in front of the TV with my boys for a marathon of Seasons 1 and 2 of Doctor Who. I was so psyched. I had watched some of the eppys from Season 1, but I wanted to watch them all, in order, and get ready for Season 3.

So I pulled up my DVR menu and scrolled down to the D's and found all 2 episodes of Doctor Who. Wait? 2 episodes? Yes, 2 episodes. It seems my TV addiction is so bad that I had maxxed out the memory on the DVR and as it was recording all those Rankin-Bass Christmas specials from ABC Family, it was deleting the beloved Doctor.

I guess I have 2 choices: Clean off the DVR or see if I can sweet talk the satellite company into giving me a bigger one. I think I'll try the latter first.

As for Doctor Who, I may now be forced to purchase the DVDs. How terrible! ;)

No comments: