Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Yay for Something New!!


As a big fan of The Terminator movies, I was a little reluctant to watch this show. Honestly, if the strike hadn't happened, I probably would have skipped it. But I have to tell you I was pleasantly surprised.

I really liked Thomas Dekker as John Connor. He's, thankfully, not nearly as creepy as Edward Furlong from T2, and he's believable as the scared teen, unsure of his ability to fulfill his certain destiny. Lena Headley makes a good Sarah Connor, although she can't compare to the kick-ass Linda Hamilton from T2. Summer Glau stars as the "good" terminator, sent back to protect John. We don't yet know what model she is, or what her capabilities are. Rounding out the cast is James Ellison, played by Richard T. Jones, who is an FBI agent pursuing the Connors.

The show takes place between T2 and T3 and it seemed to stay very true to the Terminator storyline. We even saw characters from the movies like Enrique Salceda and Tarissa Dyson.

If the show continues to be as good as the first two episodes, I will be adding this one to my must-watch list.

No comments: