Monday, August 20, 2012

Supplementing

Today was my 4 month checkup at the doctor.  I dread these visits but today's wasn't too terrible.

The good news:  My A1C had gone down and I have lost 4 lbs.  The bad news:  My cholesterol was back up some.  How?  I have no idea.  I tend to think last time's numbers were a bit of a fluke.  At any rate, I have already made several dietary changes that should make my next visit numbers much better.  Only time will tell though.

The doctor wants me to add CoQ-10 and Vitamin D to my already vast list of medications and supplements.  Yay.  More pills to swallow.

Phone Guy's cholesterol and triglycerides were all out of whack so he got a firm talking to.  I will be trying to keep him on track but he's a little stubborn in regards to his diet.

We started our "Meatless Monday" experiment today.  We made vegetarian stuffed Poblano peppers.  They were delicious.  We all enjoyed them, although Danger Boy ate the filling and left the pepper and The Pleaser wasn't having any of it so he ate tortillas with peanut butter in them.  Peanut butter is the reason he is alive today so I guess I won't knock it too much.

I am optimistic about my next doctor visit.  I hope to knock his socks off with some great numbers and significant weight loss.  Wish me luck!


No comments: